Blog

50% of Domestic Fires are caused by Electricity

Below you will find our latest blogs that give you information about electrical safety in the home. I hope you find them helpful.

Don't touch Mummy

Electrical burn on hand

10TH JUNE - TUTBURY ROAD, BURTON ON TRENT

In her words - A lady touches a live cable whilst sitting in her back garden.  Her fingers involuntarily tighten round the cable as the current makes her muscles contract.  Next her right arm muscles contract pulling it into her chest. The skin on her hand and chest start to burn.  She has time to shout at her toddler “DO TOUCH MUMMY, GET HELP”. She runs scared into the house to get Daddy, who isn’t home.  Her left arm tightens and is drawn to her chest. Then nothing.