DON'T TOUCH MUMMY!

10TH JUNE - TUTBURY ROAD, BURTON ON TRENT

A lady touches a live cable whilst sitting in her back garden.  Her fingers involuntarily tighten round the cable as the current makes her muscles contract.  Next her right arm muscles contract pulling it into her chest. The skin on her hand and chest start to burn.  She has time to shout at her toddler “DO TOUCH MUMMY, GET HELP”. She runs scared into the house to get Daddy, who isn’t home.  Her left arm tightens and is drawn to her chest. Then nothing.

 

She wakes in confusion, her toddler is crying nearby.  The dog is sat on the lawn barking at her. 45 minutes have passed.  She is confused, not sure what has happened to her. Her muscles ache.  She tries to walk, but has to crawl. Crawl next door to get help. They decide she must have had a fit as she has bitten her lip, but then they see the burn on her hand and the memories flood back.

 

This picture is six days after the accident, I went to quote to replace the fuseboard with a dual RCD 3 amendment compliant consumer unit.

 

 

 

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE RCD PROTECTION
A terrible accident, but if her left hand had touched the ground she could have died. An RCD would have stopped all this happening.  Ask your local registered electrician to help you. 

https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/find-an-electrician/

 

Stay Safe

 
Print Print | Sitemap
© Hector's Electrics Ltd